[Catalyst-dev] nginx patch to Engine::FastCGI?

Ash Berlin ash_cpan at firemirror.com
Sat Nov 1 14:34:02 GMT 2008

On 1 Nov 2008, at 03:03, J. Shirley wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Ash Berlin
> <ash_cpan at firemirror.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 1 Nov 2008, at 00:42, Oleg Pronin wrote:
>>
>>> The main difference is that nginx is 2x faster and 10x more
>>> powerful [than
>>> lighttpd] :)
>>> i advice you to play with it ;)
>>>

>> Gah top quoting :)
>>
>> How much faster can you get at shunting off requests to the
>> fastcgi? And
>> given my site is so low traffic it doesn't matter + It Aint Broke.
>>

> I really really really don't want this thread to be hijacked into a
> war of the fastcgi frontends.  Having said that, *I* think nginx is
> awesome and cool and spectacular and beautiful and sechs.

Me either - wasn't my intent.

> Which is why I'm motivated to get full functionality of it + Catalyst,
> which is the thread... so, can any core devs chime in, perhaps andyg
> specifically?
>
> Thanks,
> -J

Okay, so what are there to get the info needed from nginx to the
fastcgi engine? Is there any way other than to use env vars? i.e. is
the best plan of attack to patch Engine::FastCGI similarly to what's
needed for lighttpd and add some docs somewhere saying 'to run under
non-root nginx do this'?

-ash