[Catalyst-dev] Reasonable change to C::V::TT?

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Wed Nov 26 22:06:36 GMT 2008

Along these lines: http://www.fayland.org/blog/2006/11/catalyst-tt-
wrapper-trick.html

This would allow individual responses to use the default WRAPPER,
clear it and use none, or use a one-off.

E.g.: $c->stash( wrapper => undef ); # clears
    $c->stash( wrapper => "special/section/wrapper.tt" );

Catalyst::View::TT, line 236-ish

     if ( $vars->{wrapper} ) {
         $self->template->service->{WRAPPER} = [ $vars->{wrapper} ];
     }
     elsif ( exists $vars->{wrapper} ) # allow undef to clear wrapper
     {
         $self->template->service->{WRAPPER} = [];
     }

If this strikes everyone as reasonable, I'll do a bit of Pod to go
with it and get a diff ready.

If someone has a better idea for how to handle this (I think multiple
TT views is certainly a decent way to approach it but adding a
package for every desired exception to the site-wide wrapper strikes
me as Wrong™).

-Ashley