[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst plugin

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Fri Oct 3 02:08:04 BST 2008

On 2 Oct 2008, at 17:35, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> From: "Tomas Doran" <bobtfish at bobtfish.net>
>
>>> Yes. I have previously asked the author of Mail::Builder if he
>>> thinks it is a good idea to create Mail::Builder::Simple and he
>>> said yes. He also recommended me to name the module that uses TT
>>> Mail::Builder::Simple::TT.
>>> But as I said, I want to change some things for making the
>>> module  able to use other templating systems.
>>>

>> Ok, so you're all sorted on that front then?
>
> Well, not exactly. I know what I want to do, but I don't know
> exactly how.
>
> Until now, I had a Mail::Builder::Simple that creates the message
> and sends it using Email::Send.

<snip> list of considerations / thoughts / requirements

> And if I would send a mail message to many email addresses, it
> would be also nice if the message would be created only once, or at
> least the parts of the message which are not modified for each
> receiver.

Ok, but none of this has _any_ relevance to Catalyst. If you build it
right, you can reuse the templates inside and outside Catalyst, but
to be able to do that - you have to explicitly design for Catalyst to
not know / care.

<snip>

> The model-way looks pretty clean and I will try to use this way.

Well, that's how rails does it, so it _must_ be the right approach...

Cheers
t0m

(P.S. I half joke, and I'm half serious above - for the problem
you're solving, being an independent model and using C::M::A is the
right approach).