[Catalyst-dev] Proposal for new module: Catalyst::Plugin::Memory

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Wed Oct 8 14:28:39 BST 2008

Simon Bertrang wrote on 10/08/2008 07:28 AM:
> Hi,
> i need a way to save various kinds of information between different
> points in the request chain.
> Initially i abused the stash for this, but polluting the template with
> data not needed there or even worse, preventing things to work as
> expected, did not work out.
> The session would have been another solution but the same arguments
> apply there as for the templates.
>
> What was left:
>  a) accessing $c manually to hand over the data
>  b) implement a controller providing a common method
>  c) writing a plugin

what about (d) ?

package MyApp;

sub mystuff {
 my ($c, %newstuff) = @_;
 my $stuff = $c->stash->{_my_stuff};
 $stuff->{$_} = $newstuff{$_} for keys %newstuff;
 return $stuff;
}

I find just having a reserved stash key for things I want to pass around
but not necessarily pollute my template with works pretty well.
--
Peter Karman  .  peter at peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/