[Catalyst-dev] RFC for non-plugin ways of doing this...

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Thu Oct 16 00:54:13 BST 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 4:40 PM, J. Shirley wrote:
> In my view, I could just iterate over both flash and stash to display
> any status messages but that's not quite ideal either.  In the case of
> a serialized view that is entirely data-driven, I'd have to have
> another step rather than just include the messages key in the stash.

The first part is what I do. I keep an array ref of "blurb"s which
are simple template snippets. They can be additive this way too,
only put into the stash or flash with push() so if there is something
to say in the new page load (the stash) it gets added to the list of
blurbs passed along by the redirect (the flash).

It would be fun to see an intelligent built-in way of doing this.

-Ashley