[Catalyst-dev] Smoke tests - summary of things which don't work against 5.80

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Oct 28 08:13:09 GMT 2008

On 27 Oct 2008, at 23:26, J. Shirley wrote:
> What's the preferred fix for this?  Is mk_accessors just something to
> implicitly inherit from Class::Accessor and be done with it?
>
> I can bake a release to get this working for 5.80

We could just go through everything and explicitly inherit from
Class::Accessor and throw out NEXT and explicitly use Class::C3, but
that still means that people installing 5.80 will break all their
apps (at a minimum they'll have to bump all their plugins etc - there
is a distinct possibility that user code is also relying on this).

Therefore I think that's a baad solution, and anything common like
this should be fixed in core (at least to a level where back compat
works, even if we want to emit warnings asking the user to fix their
code).

Cheers
t0m