Res: [Catalyst-dev] Catalyst tutorial

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Sep 3 16:14:52 BST 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 11:35:29AM +0100, Carl Franks wrote:
> 2008/9/3 Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk>:
> > On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:26:05AM -0700, Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> >> also in the catalyst tutorial
> >> there are tow problems one is that
> >> is sugest the use of .conf (apache like)
> >> instead of the yaml.
> >
> > That's not a problem. .conf is the new default and you'll find the FormFu
> > docs are being steadily updated to help reflect that.
>
> Well, I've changed HTML::FormFu::Manual::Unicode from using myapp.yml
> to MyApp->config().
> And I've changed the example config in Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu
> to use Config::General.
>
> But I'm not sure about changing the core FormFu documentation to
> Config::General.
> It's probably because there's a lot less FormFu users, than Catalyst
> has - but the OP in this thread is the only person I can ever recall
> who's posted a message to the FormFu list with non-yaml config.

That's because they're all on here being confused instead.

Anyway, FormFu can keep its own policies on stuff, but the controller etc.
need to document that those config files are *FormFu* configs and nothing
to do with Catalyst.

I'm not trying to force decisions on non-Catalyst-specific stuff - or not
over this, anyway ;) - I'm just trying to make sure the Catalyst-related
stuff's consistent since the change of format is a big thing and I don't
want to have to do it again :)