[Catalyst-dev] log filtering

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Fri Sep 5 02:57:18 BST 2008

Bruce Keeler <bruce at drangle.com> wrote on 09/04/2008 08:24:17 PM:

> Wade.Stuart at fallon.com wrote:
> >
> > I do not like this, yuk.  If this is considered a good idea and moves
> > forward please consider doing this only in Debug mode.  If these are
> > getting generated any time besides Debug time (dumping raw params),
then
> > the modules dropping the log lines should be sanitized.   The auth
modules
> > as far as I can tell do not dump the user/pass to log.  Please don't
make
> > assumptions about my log lines.
> >
> Relax.  No-one is suggesting doing anything while not in Debug mode.
> I'm only suggesting sanitizing the output of the existing code which
> dumps all keys/values in the query parameters.

I guess the way we work is different enough for me not to understand that
need/perspective.  I don't toss production apps into debug mode,  I turn up
my debug output.  I don't pass live user info on dev in debug mode,  I have
test accounts.  I can't see a point where I would expose Debug on
production even if sanitized,  am I out in fringe land here?  If you really
do run your prod with -Debug I hope you have replaced RenderView... ?
dump_info=1

-Wade