[Catalyst-dev] Accessor for private base even when using_frontend_proxy is on?

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:06:16 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Devin Austin <devin.austin at gmail.com> wrot=
e:
> Makes sense to me.
>
> But that's not saying much :-)
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 10:24 AM, J. Shirley <jshirley at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What's the thoughts of the dev group on maintaining an accessor
>> similar to $c->req->base and $c->req->uri that reflects the internal
>> base/uri when running behind a proxy.
>>
>> The /achieve is quite simple, behind a load balancer/proxy I have app
>> instances that communicate to a backend service and the backend
>> service needs to send requests back to each individual node (for
>> caching purposes, in this example).
>>
>> When the nodes make the connection to the internal service, I'm
>> passing in the internal path so the internal path is then able to push
>> back status flags.
>>
>> Thoughts on this?
>>
>> -J

Do any of the core devs have any thoughts on implementation?

I'd like to get this patch put in before proxystuffs, because that
branch requires much more attention than one person can give it (and
there is too much in the way of unknowns regarding other engines,
which has been discussed several times).

Short of duplicating prepare_path I'm not sure how it can get "clean".
 We still have to run everything to prepare the path twice, because we
have to reliably calculate it and I can't think of any way other than
what we have there.

Please look, let me know if this makes sense and I'll add in tests and
finish it up.  The code there is untested, I simply wanted to get some
extra eyes on it.

-J