[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::File patch to use the Cache::FileCache expiry mechanism

BUCHMULLER Norbert norbi.lists at nix.hu
Tue Jan 20 00:26:32 GMT 2009

Hi,

here goes the patch that I promised on #dbix-class on December 15. It
makes use of the Cache:FileCache expiry mechanism to handle session
expiry, and thus delete_expired_sessions() works. (And, as a side-effect,
halves the number of cache files: previously "session:id" and
"expires:id" were stored as separate cache entries, now only "session:id"
is stored with the value belonging to "expires:id" as expiry date.)

I followed the techniques used the Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::DBI
module, I hope that that module is considered to be OK. (As there are
some marginal cases - eg. what happens when "expires:id" is set, but
"session:id" is not yet set.)

Please review my patch (and apply if you accept it).

norbi