[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::File patch to use the Cache::FileCache expiry mechanism

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Jan 20 12:50:02 GMT 2009

On 20 Jan 2009, at 11:21, BUCHMULLER Norbert wrote:

> BTW, I don't want to hurt anyone, but sometimes I feel that the
> Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store interface is not one of the nicest
> and most effective interfaces I've seen.. I feel it's too general,
> still
> too restrictive in practical use, and rather confusing:

<snip>

Yes, it's a bit bollocks - the abstractions bleed into one-another etc.

> I'd like to discuss it a bit, so that I can come up with either POD
> patches (so to make those assumptions part of the official API) or
> maybe
> some plan on extending the API (for the long term, with transition
> path).

nothingmuch and mst have at least a mental map of where things should
go longer term.

If you fancy grabbing them for an explanation and translating that
into POD or TODO notes in the distributions then that'd be great, and
if you have time / fancy doing some of the work towards getting
there, that'd be even better :)

Cheers
t0m