[Catalyst-dev] Problems with I18N in Catalyst

Alexandru Nedelcu alex at lexoft.eu
Tue Jul 28 12:21:36 GMT 2009

Hi,

(I'm resending this message ... the first version included an attachment and is pending moderation. please forgive the duplicate)

I'm trying to add I18N support in an application using
Catalyst::Plugin::I18N.

On request, if there is a .po file for the language selected in
lib/MyApp/I18N, this error I get it's from Catalyst ...

    Caught exception in Test::Controller::Root->end "Catalyst::Action::RenderView could not find a view to forward to."

On a second request, the standard dev server (Catalyst::Engine::HTTP)
crashes with the following message:

    Deep recursion on subroutine "Locale::Maketext::Lexicon::FETCH"
at /usr/share/perl5/Locale/Maketext/Lexicon.pm line 390.
Segmentation fault

Google wasn't helpful (only found an instance of this error) :(

I have the following packages installed:
  perl v5.10.0
  Catalyst 5.80005
  Catalyst::Plugin::I18N v0.09
  libc6 v2.9-12