[Catalyst-dev] Installing Catalyst & friends on OS X?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Jun 2 19:29:52 GMT 2009

On 2 Jun 2009, at 20:04, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> I read a mail from '08 about Catalyst on OS X and there was enough
> in there to suggest times might've changed things. Things like
> recommendations on using system perl v. building 5.10, etc.
>
> What's the current recommended environment & way of installing it?
> Is there some documentation?

I'm running against the system perl with a local::lib on my home mac
here.

Works fine and that's probably easiest.

I've also got a 5.10.0 and a bleadperl and a couple of others kicking
around, but I mostly use system perl for development just cause I'm
lazy and it was easy. (Wiki note may be appropriate re Mac::Carbon
and leopard however, I'm still on Tiger)

Note that both fink and macports seem to be quite enthusiastic about
building a perl and shoving it at the front of your PATH, which will
ruin your day.

Other than that, it should 'just work'.

Cheers
t0m