[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst in windows environment

Simon Bertrang janus at errornet.de
Fri Jun 19 23:11:42 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 04:17:59PM -0500, Joseph He wrote:
> Hi, good day. it looks like that there are plenty of good examples done on
> UNIX/Linux, I just wonder anybody can share some experience with
> Catalyst/Windows.
>
> Our application is done with plain CGI/Apache/Windows/SQL Server and we want
> to explore the possibility to overhaul the architecture. My main question is
> when using windows server:
> FastCGI or Mod-Perl? which one works and works better? any potential
> problem?

One of our customers wanted IIS/MSSQL and i did it with FastCGI.
With FastCGI you're able to pick the web server you like most (or not)
and switch it afterwards without touching the application.

``Better'' is what works best for you, not someone else.  And about
potential problems on windows... well, depends on your point of view.
Mine is that it just hurts, regardless of the software... but that's my
personal opinion biased by my favorite unix-like system.

Regards,
Simon