[Catalyst-dev] Resetting passwords ...

Kiffin Gish kiffin.gish at planet.nl
Tue Feb 9 15:23:48 GMT 2010

For security reasons I need to force users to reset their passwords
every so often.

The most obvious way I would think, would be to do this in Root::auto,
first checking for logged in users, otherwise sending them to the login
page, or for logged in users whose passwords have expired to the users
change password page: /settings/user_id/password_reset.

$c->go doesn't work because it'll come through the auto again resulting
in recursive calls. $c->detach won't work either because
$c->stash->{user_rs} is set on the way down through Settings::base and
calling directly gives an empty user_rs.

Any suggestions on an elegant way to solve this?

--
Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl>
Gouda, The Netherlands