[Catalyst-dev] Re: [Catalyst] Upgraded to Catalyst 5.80016, restarting dev server with HUP crashes

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 03:16:22 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Jim Dread <jimdread at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Here are steps to make the server crash. Can anybody
> reproduce this problem please?
>

> # on linux
> catalyst.pl TestApp
> cd TestApp/
> perl Makefile.PL
> ./script/testapp_server.pl &
> kill -HUP %1
>
> # and then:
> Restarting server on SIGHUP...
> Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Catalyst/Engine/HTTP.pm line 343.
>
> [1]+  Exit 10                 ./script/testapp_server.pl

I can reproduce it, but only when using Catalyst::ScriptRunner.

I think the problem is a disconnect there, where ->argv isn't being
set.  Looks like Catalyst::Script::Server isn't sending
$options->{argv} as the default.

The best solution is probably the fix you have, but this should be normalized.

Added -dev to the list, as they'll be better at picking the right fix.

-J