[Catalyst-dev] still struggling with fastcgi

Joseph He joseph.he.2008 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 19:59:10 GMT 2010

It seems to be a resource issue, so it is a matter of how to configure
Apache/Windows to better handle/allocate resources. fastCGI helps to keep
scripts stay in cache instead of killing and loading it every time.

My understanding is on Windows, there is only one process with many threads,
so my assumption is if I set limit on the threads, then there should not be
a lot of spare threads staying in the cache, thus, the system will not be
running to resource limit.

I add these to conf file.
ThreadLimit 5
ThreadsPerChild 5

Unfortunately, on windows process monitor, I still see the number of Perl
processes just goes up and up with my clicking and then give me error when
it reaches some level. This is not a striking test yet, just clicking 40
different pages by myself can exhaust all the resources ....