[Catalyst-dev] Dropping characters when using fastcgi

Michael Brutsch mbrutsch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 02:51:42 GMT 2010

I'm trying to run Catalyst on a shared server.  I've installed all the
modules, downloaded and run all the tests in chapter 8 of the
Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial, and everything seems to check out.  I've
followed the steps in the first two chapters of said tutorial, and
everything works fine when I run the development server.  My shared
provider, however, has forbidden me to run the development server, and asked
that I use fastcgi.  I followed the steps in this wiki page (
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Catalyst) to get the fastcgi configured, and the
welcome page loads properly.  However, when I try to run the 'Hello, World"
test, it drops the final few characters; all I get is "He".  The next couple
of example do the same; they appear to work properly, the error log looks
normal, but it drops the last few characters of output.  I verified this by
adding extra characters to the end; when I do, I get the entire "Hello,
World".

I have no idea where to look for a solution to this problem.  I didn't
include any config info, as I didn't want to clutter up the list with
unneeded blobs of text, but I'll gladly reply with any settings that may be
relevant.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Michael Brutsch