[Catalyst-dev] Is it possible to have fastCGI keep persistent database handle?

Joseph He joseph.he.2008 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 16:54:48 GMT 2011

All, good day.

With fastCGI, I can achieve persistent script so I can save loading time,
but I find that I don't have persistent dbi handle? Each time the
application runs, database also opens a fresh handle.

Search on net, people say Apache::DBI can do the job, but I found mod_perl
is its prerequisite.

Is it really possible to have persistent DB handle with Perl/fastCGI? My
environment is Windows, SQL server, Perl.

Many many thanks.

Joe