[Catalyst-dev] Trouble using Authentication::Store::LDAP

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Apr 17 22:02:58 GMT 2013

On 17 Apr 2013, at 08:25, Jillian Rowe <jir2004 at qatar-med.cornell.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, t0m! It works with the self_check password_type.
>
> So all in all the things I learned are that the password_field has to match what is actually in your ldap in both the config file (with all the authentication info) and in the controller.
>
> The credential: password_field should be userpassword for me, and in my controller $c->authenticate({id => $username, userpassword => $password})
>
> Although when I do an ldap search it comes out as userPassword, it still needs to be lowercase.
>
> Thanks for the help!

Yay! Glad you got it figured out.

In future, you're probably better with this sort of list on the Catalyst users list - this list is generally used for the development of Catalyst itself (and is much lower traffic, so less eyes).

And hmm, you're probably right about the ldap search values required - this possibly / probably could be fixed, and/or the docs for the LDAP store should be improved to better note that you need to use 'self_check'. Can you log a bug with as much info as possible against that module so this doesn't get lost? (https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Catalyst-Authentication-Store-LDAP)

Cheers
t0m