[Catalyst-dev] When will Catalyst reach 6.0?

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sat Dec 20 14:26:12 GMT 2014

* Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> [2013-12-12 10:20]:
> When will Catalyst reach 6.0?

So it’s been a year. We’re still in the same place, for no reason.

So I will answer myself: not in years, and who knows if ever.

* Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> [2013-12-13 11:00]:
> * André Walker <andre at andrewalker.net> [2013-12-12 16:35]:
> > I think, in Catalyst's case, a new major version number is a great
> > opportunity to break back-compat
>
> That will just delay the version number change. A *lot*. In the
> meantime we’ll continue living with crappy version numbers for no good
> reason.

Yeah, I would love to be right less often.

* Darren Duncan <darren at darrenduncan.net> [2013-12-13 04:45]:
> I recommend separating those things.
>
> Release a 6.0 now that is backwards compatible with the last current
> version, and is mostly just a renumbering.
>
> Then later release either a 6.1 or a 7.0 or whatever as appropriate
> when you have major or backwards-breaking changes.

The sensible man on the thread; and of course, no one listened.