[Catalyst] change helper scripts to use TT?

Uwe Voelker uwe.voelker at gmx.de
Fri Apr 1 13:16:20 CEST 2005

Hello,

Catalyst 5 is changing a lot of things - why not change the helper
scripts too? :-)

The module Catalyst::Helper could use TT2 templates instead of here
documents. The good points would be:
+ easier development
+ better customization (for example I could use my own - slightly
modified - templates which already contain the correct author name and
so on, or use different httpd.conf snippet)
+ better pod output for Catalyst::Helper (now it also contains the pod
of the here documents)

Of course there is also a negative point:
- this adds Template to the list of needed modules

Furthermore I would like to have a config file for the helper scripts
which include custom settings that remain after upgrading Catalyst.

What do you think?

Good bye,
Uwe