[Catalyst] From the beginning...

Andrew Ford A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 14:42:41 CEST 2005

LD wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just recently discovered Catalyst, stumbling over it by accident
> actually, whilst looking through the Docs for Class::DBI.
>
> Coming from WebObjects, which is heavily architected around MVC,
> Catalyst appeals to me. I don't yet know enough about Catalyst to
> really compare the two, no thanks to the sparse Docs. So, one's free
> and been around for a short time with little info; the other's
> relatively inexpensive, is tried and tested and has relatively good
> docs - will have to do for now :-)

> On a side note - is anyone working on documentation? It would be a
> shame for a seemingly great project to miss that mark. I'm thinking of
> writing up a tutorial similar to the WebObjects Web Applications intro
> tutorial once I get my head around a few more things.

I put together the start of a tutorial (its in the Cat5 subversion
repository).  I want to try and tidy up and expand the documentation.
If you or anyone else has ideas or suggestions for additions to the
documentation, especially the Catalyst::Manual::XXX pages, then CC me on
any mails and I will try to work them into the documentaion.

Andrew

--

Andrew Ford,  Director    Pauntley Prints / Ford & Mason Ltd
A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk   South Wing Compton House