[Catalyst] Using CGI via template...

Brian Cooke mrkoffee at saltedsnail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:48:50 CEST 2005

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, LD wrote:

> funnily enough [% CGI.end_form %] is returning a list with ('<div>',
> '</div>', '</form>').

When I do [% CGI.end_form %] I get an arrayref with ('<div>',
<input type="hidden" name=".cgifields" value="colours"  />, '</div>',
'</form>').  The hidden input has to do with CGI.pm's handling of "sticky"
form fields, in this case the selected "colours" checkboxen.

I like the macro idea, though I would change the name, as mentioned
elsewhere.  I don't use Template::Plugin::CGI much, but when I do, I've
always just said something like [% CGI.end_form.join("\n") %].  I join on
newline so the HTML source looks a little more readable.

Cheers,

Brian