[Catalyst] autoupdate and two minor patches

Drew Taylor taylor.andrew.j at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 18:37:41 CEST 2005

On 4/16/05, Frank Wiegand <frank.wiegand at gmail.com> wrote:

> I. autoupdate with Catalyst::Model::CDBI
>
> Is there any chance to get a new config option to turn autoupdate off in
> Catalyst::Model::CDBI? In my CDBI classes I have some triggers that
> change the values of already set values.

A better question is why is autoupdate on by default? CDBI has autoupdate
off by default. On the one hand, having autoupdate on helps avoid problems
with forgetting to call update() (this one bit me just last week). But I
prefer updating manually because I know when I'm done modifying the object.

Drew
Drew Taylor * Web development & consulting
Email: drew at drewtaylor.com * Site implementation & hosting
Web : www.drewtaylor.com <http://www.drewtaylor.com> *
perl/mod_perl/DBI/mysql/postgres