[Catalyst] Login problem with Cat5

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Tue Apr 19 03:57:52 CEST 2005

> > Putting 'sub login : Global' and 'sub logout : Global' in
> > MyApp::C::Login,
> > and calling $c->forward('/login/login') does fix the problem, fwiw.
> >
> > But I wonder when else this will crop up..  For example, what if a
> > plugin,
> > for whatever reason, has its own 'sub default'?
>
> Well, we should write this down somewhere.
>
> The application class is not supposed to have more than the built in
> actions (begin, auto, default and end).
> You "can" define them but at own risk. ;)
> Naturally, plugins are not allowed to have begin, auto, default and end.

Would it be possible for the Catalyst classes which load/eval all the
controllers to automatically check that these "rules" are followed
eg. with can() ?

And print a warning or die if they have been violated?

--
Torsten Seemann <torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au>
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium