[Catalyst] Install of Bundle::Catalyst

Thomas, Mark - BLS CTR Thomas.Mark at bls.gov
Tue Apr 19 22:53:20 CEST 2005

I just did an install of Bundle::Catalyst 5.03 on a stock ubuntu (debian)
system. I noticed that one of the Catalyst prerequisite modules must have
specified Catalyst 4.0 as a prerequisite, because as the cpan messages were
flying by, the install tried to compile Catalyst 4.0 before all the Catalyst
5 prerequisites were installed. That of course failed, and when the Bundle
finally got all the dependencies installed, Catalyst 5 wouldn't install
because Catalyst.pm had already been tried in the CPAN session.

I then quit cpan and issued a 'cpan Catalyst' and it installed without any
errors.

In summary, I think there's a circular dependency reference somewhere that
makes the Bundle install a bit rough.

- Mark.