[Catalyst] CGI parameters

Juan Camacho jc5826 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 04:20:55 CEST 2005

I'm in the process of migrating to Catalyst 5. I'm not sure if I
haven't read enough documentation but one thing I'm coming across is a
weird doubling of CGI parameters, which wasn't an issue before:

To isolate the problem I built a basic application using "catalyst.pl
MyApp" command.

After calling something like /myapp.cgi/?bank_id=2 and then putting a
die statement in the MyApp.pm, I get the following HTML output

... 'parameters' => {
                                   'bank_id' => [
                                                  '2',
                                                  '2'
                                                ]
                                 },

Also, my error_log says:

[Wed Apr 20 22:15:43 2005] [catalyst] [debug] Parameters are
| Key                                   | Value                                |
| bank_id                               | ARRAY(0x850702c)                     |

In my real application, this is causing problems when calling
$c->request->params->{'bank_id'} since I'm expecting a SCALAR -- not
ARRAY ref.

Is this a bug? or am I supposed to now obtain the parameters by some
other means?