[Catalyst] Where has Maypole's pager gone?

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Apr 28 16:49:37 CEST 2005

Andy Grundman said:
> You could look at my ServerDB example, I implemented a pager with column
> sorting using CDBI::Pager in about 10 lines of code.

CDBI::Pager, doesn't use limiting -- it grabs the IDs for the entire
result set and throws away the ones it doesn't need.  CDBI::Plugin::Pager
uses LIMIT (or equivalent), but it forces you to use SQL::Abstract for the
query you want to page, rather than the normal searching.  I'm not sure
what the Maypole one did.

LIMIT capabilities should really be part of CDBI.  I usually add them in
my base class.

- Perrin