[Catalyst] Catalyst and modperl

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Mon Aug 1 11:21:01 CEST 2005

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 01:10:28AM -0400, Andy Grundman wrote:
> Thomas L. Shinnick wrote:
> >I remember hearing something worrisome, and now I don't remember and can't
> >find _where_ it was mentioned.
> >
> >Is it true that, currently, you can't have more than one Catalyst-based
> >application running under modperl?  Something to do with class data?  Is
> >this the reason that Sebastian has been working on moving class data
> >(Catalyst::Engine, etc.) into instances?  Or has my brain had a forgotten
> >tryst with a hard surface?
>
> I believe the only issue is that you cannot run more than one instance
> of a single Cat app under the same mod_perl server.

Actually, we have multiple instances of the same Catalyst app running on the
same server here. It's done by using the multiple-mod_perl-instances option on
Apache, which does double the memory usage, unfortunately.

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world