[Catalyst] File downloads - Plugin?

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Thu Aug 11 13:27:29 CEST 2005

Hi,
I'm in a position where I'd like to serve file downloads, out of database
BLOBs, via Catalyst.

These files are potentially very large, and so I would rather not suck the
entire lot of data out of the DB and into Catalyst's $c->response->output()
variable. I'd rather have some kind of solution whereby I pass a
IO::Handle, and then at output time this is used to write directly out to
Apache.

Is there any plugin that will help me here, or would I need to write this
myself?

Am I barking up the wrong tree with this approach?

Thanks,
Toby

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world