MVCR pattern (was Re: [Catalyst] Bing!)

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Thu Aug 11 19:11:57 CEST 2005

And just another point of thought on different situations...

When I use Handel within AxKit, there is a Taglib plugin that exposes
Handel to something XML/XSP works with. I would consider that plugin to
be a Model. When I use Handel in raw TT2 pages, there is a TT plugin
that helps translate things between Handel and TT. I consider that a Model.

So, I'm making the leap from those two that when I use Handel within a
Catalyst app, I should also have a Model that helps interface Controller
requests into Handel, even if 99.9% of those request could've just gone
straight to Handel from within the Controller itself.

In any case in this scenerio, all rules are outside the scope of any of
the Models.

Not right or wrong; just a particular path.

-=Chris