[Catalyst] Re: MVCR pattern

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Aug 11 22:10:45 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 10:04 -0700, Alan Humphrey wrote:
> So I try to put biz logic (both data and process) in the Model and just
> accept that the Model will be more than a thin wrapper around the database.
> I think this is where Perrin was going with the idea of "action" modules.

Yes.  Data Access Object solutions like Class::DBI are not an ideal
place for some kinds of logic that spans multiple classes.  You need a
place to put that stuff.  If you put in your controller, it gets tangled
up with web-specific concerns.  So, if you need to be be able to use it
elsewhere, putting it in a separate class, which you still refer to as
part of the model, makes sense.

- Perrin