[Catalyst] File downloads - Plugin?

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Fri Aug 12 11:26:13 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 09:03:04PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 12:27:29PM +0100, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm in a position where I'd like to serve file downloads, out of database
> > BLOBs, via Catalyst.
> >
> > These files are potentially very large, and so I would rather not suck the
> > entire lot of data out of the DB and into Catalyst's $c->response->output()
> > variable. I'd rather have some kind of solution whereby I pass a
> > IO::Handle, and then at output time this is used to write directly out to
> > Apache.
> >
> > Is there any plugin that will help me here, or would I need to write this
> > myself?
>
> I think the refactor/ branch in svn and the HTTP-Body package (also in svn)
> are working towards this ability but not quite here yet. Maybe you could have
> a go at helping out with that.

Sure, I'm happy to help out. I've checked out HTTP-Body from the trunk, but
Body.pm is rather POD and comment deficient.. Does Christian have any pages on
the wiki or somewhere about what it's supposed to do?

Thanks for the pointers,
Toby

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world