[Catalyst] Catalyst vs. Rails on the wiki

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Tue Aug 16 12:54:50 CEST 2005

Am 16.08.2005 um 02:32 schrieb Philip Edelbrock:

> OK, thanks for the replies and info in my quest to compare Catalyst
> with Rails.  Since I see other folks trying to do the same thing, I
> tried to post an unbiased (really! :') comparison of the two.
>
> Feel free to edit, correct, or comment:
>
> http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/VersesRails
>
> (And, no, I didn't spell check, sorry. ;')

It's nice, but there are some small mistakes.

* Ruby doesn't have mixins instead of multiple inheritance, Perl has
mixins too.

* Catalyst is not just faster with mod_perl but also with the other
Engines, such as HTTP::Daemon (vs. Webrick) and FCGI...

* You only mention DBI and it's backends but not the different ORM
options like DBIx::Class and Tangram.

* You forgot HTML::Template, yes there are people really using and
liking it. :)

--
sebastian