[Catalyst] File downloads - Plugin?

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Aug 16 18:14:21 CEST 2005

Michael Cummings wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:44:22 -0400
> "Christopher H. Laco" <claco at chrislaco.com> wrote:
>

>>I've been thinking about this lately. Shouldn't it be possible to have
>

>>Catalysts MP engine add the urls it handle to apache config at
>
> runtime?
>
> Sounds along the same vein as:
>
> http://enemy-combatant.com/abstracting-the-apache-configuration-api.pdf
>
> (gleamed from a conversation in #modperl a few days ago by dorian)

Interesting. Assuming it could be done with the MP13, MP19 and MP20
engines, would the same be possible with the HTTP/FCGI engines?

Personally, I think having to load and configure
Catalyst::Plugin::Static to serve static content or tweak httpd.conf to
add new static directories is somewhat backwards. Why does Catalyst need
to handle every request when it clearly knows what public urls are
available [based onthe debug output]?

Time to start a new thread.
-=Chris