[Catalyst] A different approach to static content

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Aug 16 21:23:47 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 01:55:42PM -0400, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> Matt S Trout wrote:
> >It's potentially fragile, your apache config is suddenly part created by
> >something else (Cobalt RaQs dothis, it's a nightmare to debug), and I dunno
> >how the hell you'd manage to handle regex actions (translate to
> >LocationMatch?
> >good luck ...)
>

> Re: regex... -> LocationMatch blocks...

Given I already said that with "good luck" on the end, either your e-mail
was missing the end or it was content-free.

You're never going to make that work. Ever. In any way, shape or form. Apache
doesn't have powerful enough regexes. mod_rewrite doesn't have powerful enough
regexes. If you want to limited yourself to the apache feature set, fine, but
that kinda defied the point of writing in perl.

Plus, of course, you get to write a regex parser/generator.

Concept: 8 points
Style: 5 points
KISS: nul points

:)

--
     Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk