[Catalyst] Soaping up Catalyst

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Thu Aug 18 19:21:09 CEST 2005

Am 18.08.2005 um 17:11 schrieb Andy Grundman:

> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>  > Just so I think I understand how it works...the example is a little
>
>> think on the various options...
>>   * load the XMRPC plugin
>>   * set an entrypoint listener via $c->xmlrpc
>>   * RPC calls to a somemethod get sent to somemethod : Remote
>> I assume that the entrypoint takes care of sending the data back
>> to the client, bypassing all view handlers in end.

The Remote attribute is mostly a hack and bypasses the internal data
structures completely.
A SOAP plugin could work exactly like the xmlrpc one.

>> Back to yesterdays conversation...from the looks of this plugin,
>> you CAN add custom attributes. I would think a SOAP plugin should
>> NOT use the same attribute of Remote...that might cause a clash if
>> you wanted to use both XMLRPC and SOAP in the same app.
>>

> Right, you should probably make the SOAP plugin handle SOAP
> attributes.

I disagree, the XMLRPC plugin redispatches to a single class, so just
have two different controllers for soap and xmlrpc and it's all save. :)

--
sebastian