[Catalyst] Catalyst and Oracle

David Naughton naughton at umn.edu
Thu Aug 18 20:07:14 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 02:25:51PM -0400, Andy Grundman wrote:
> Simon Miner wrote:
> >Can anyone tell me why the Page class is not finding its sequence or
> >using this code?  How can I code logic and configuration specific to
> >this table?
>
> Class::DBI::Loader::Oracle doesn't contain any sequence discovery code.
>  A coworker of mine wrote some but it hasn't made it into the
> Loader::Oracle distribution yet.  You can see the code as part of
> DBIx::Class though:
> http://search.cpan.org/src/AGRUNDMA/DBIx-Class-0.02/lib/DBIx/Class/PK/Auto/Oracle.pm

When I first saw this message, I assumed you were referring to the relationships
code that someone you know sent me...

...but you mention "sequence discovery code". Did you really mean
"relationships", or did your coworker write some sequence discovery
code too? If so, I don't think anyone has sent it to me. Anyway,
Class::DBI::Loader::Oracle does have sequence discovery code, since it
inherits from Class::DBI::Oracle, which provides that functionality.

In any case, I apologize that I haven't done anything with the
relationships code yet. I'm not using CDBI:L:Oracle right now and am
extremely busy with other projects. Therefore, evaluating and writing
tests for that code isn't a high priority for me right now. If someone
submits some good tests as part of a proper patch, I'll happily apply it.
If lots of people really want this functionality, let me know and I may
be convinced to re-prioritize it and do it sooner myself. :)

David

P.S. Sorry for the cross-posting, but I thought people on other lists
may be interested in this.