[Catalyst] My::App vs MyApp ?

Matt S Trout catalyst at trout.me.uk
Fri Aug 12 11:00:14 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 01:19:56PM -0700, Corey wrote:

> Hello - I'm new to catalyst; just got done browsing all the perldoc.
>
> I'm wondering when/why one would use, say 'catalyst.pl My::App' rather than
> 'catalyst.pl MyApp'?
>
> I note the difference this creates in the directory structure - but I'm not
> understanding why one would desire the "extra" directory layer -  i.e.
> '.../lib/My/App/[C,M,V]' vs '.../lib/MyApp/[C,M,V]'

A lot of places use the company name as an initial prefix then the project
name as the second component. Makes it nice and easy to tar up the company
specific part of the perl tree etc. etc.

--
     Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk