[Catalyst] Problem setting up authentication

Wijnand Wiersma wijnand at nedbsd.nl
Mon Aug 22 19:52:33 CEST 2005

Hi List,

I am trying to setup a application which uses authentication.
The table is serveradmin and I created a Scaffolding controller for it
too (will be limited as soon as the roles stuff works of course).
The other 2 tables are created too ( roles and userroles), but no
scaffolding there.

Config of lib/Jabbernet.pm
__PACKAGE__->config( authentication => { user_class =>
'Jabbernet::M::CDBI::Serveradmins',
                                       user_field => 'username',
                                       password_field => 'password',
                                       role_class      =>
'Jabbernet::M::CDBI::Roles',
                                       user_role_class =>
'Jabbernet::M::CDBI::UserRoles',
                                       user_role_user_field => 'user_id',
                                       user_role_role_field => 'role_id',
});

The error I recieve is:
|Caught exception "Can't locate object method "search" via package
"Jabbernet::M::CDBI::Serveradmins" (perhaps you forgot to load
"Jabbernet::M::CDBI::Serveradmins"?) at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication/CDBI.pm line 80."

I already googled, and found a reference to this list, but that was a
case of missing modules so it is not related.

Anyone a idea where to look now?
It should be something obvious, but I don't see it.

Wijnand