[Catalyst] Re: Tagline for Catalyst

David Glass puresignal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 09:11:47 CET 2005

How about something simple and straightforward like "accelerating Perl web
development" ?  That's what Catalyst is supposed to do, right?

A catalyst accelerates a reaction or process; presumably hence the name.
PHBs are more likely to appreciate this process acceleration, rather than
Catalyst's "elegance."  Also it's probably worth mentioning that Catalyst is
for Perl.  The RoR site highlights Ruby, but Perl is barely mentioned on the
current homepage.  I doubt that PHBs could be expected to infer it from the
domain name or comments.

Not sure whether MVC should be so prominent, fond as I am of
buzzword-compliant TLA <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLA>s.  Frankly all
the  MVC trumpeting was a large part of what nauseated me about Struts.

-dave