[Catalyst] Engine/FastCGI.pm failure under Win32

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 16:26:29 CET 2005

Is it really necessary for Engine/FastCGI.pm to check STDIN is a socket?

The check fails for me, meaning I can't run myapp_fastcgi.pl under apache

I've attached a patch which removes that check.
After doing so, I find the code runs fine (meaning I can see the
welcome message) regardless of whether I have the fastcgi handler
switched on or not - it looks like the FCGI.pm works fine under
vanilla CGI as well.

The advantage of this is you can now can run `perl
script/myapp_fastcgi.pl` and see the output, just like you can for
myapp_cgi.pl

My setup is:
perl 5.8.7 (built with mingw)
apache 2.0.54 (binary from apache.org)
mod_fastcgi-2.4.2-AP20.dll (binary from fastcgi.com)

BTW - is it preferred to send patches to this list or to the www ticket tracker?

Cheers,
Carl