[Catalyst] Auth/Session/Static Bug?

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Mon Dec 5 08:07:36 CET 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 00:34:01 -0500, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> Once I added my first bit of static content to my templates (a css
> file), my session cookies starting going crazy and my sessions would get
> lost. Once I changed my plugin order to:
>
> >     Session
> >     Static::Simple
>
> The problem went away. Is this a known bug?

Yes... Static::Simple would optimize the prepare method so in a way
that would skip the session plugin, eventually causing a session ID
to be regenerated.

IIRC it was fixed in trunk, but I don't know if it was released.

> Is there a preferred order to the auth/session/static stuff?

Right now the way you did it is preferred because it works and the
other way doesn't ;-). This shouldn't be a problem in the future
though.

Ciao!

 /\  kung foo master: /me tips over a cow: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!