[Catalyst] Catalyst + PAR + Module::Install::Catalyst

Johan Lindström johanl at DarSerMan.com
Tue Dec 6 11:40:44 CET 2005

At 11:24 2005-12-06, Denis wrote:
>I used PAR to pack, but I need manually add needed modules (
> >> pp -o rumme.exe script/myapp_server.pl

That is a very common problem with all packagers (PerlApp, PAR, Perl2Exe).
They all do an slightly-less-than-ok job of statically determining used
modules, but it's rather common to be forced to add modules manually. And
sometimes you may want to block some modules that really isn't necessary
but was seen as a dependency.

Either you write

   use MissingModule;  #for PAR

explicitly in some file (the script file) and let pp use that information,
or you can specify the missing modules on the command line (-M).

Read "pp -h".
Try "pp -c", that may help.

/J