[Catalyst] FormValidator usage / enhancements

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:31:49 CET 2005

On 07/12/05, Will Hawes <info at whawes.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, but you should
> probably consider making a copy of $c->req->params locally if you want
> to modify it.

What I'm trying to do is make FormValidator transparent; to allow my
'action' routine and any other plugins etc, to be able to access the
input as usual, via $req->params

I don't want all of the 'action' routines to have to check
$c->form->missing, $c->form-->valid, etc.

> Modifying c->req->params sounds like a recipe for disaster. If and when
> it causes anything to break it will make debugging much harder.

I think I'm just going to have to go with my method for now, and see
if anything breaks - that is unless I hear from someone that knows the
Catalyst code-base and says 'dont'!

Cheers,
Carl