[Catalyst] O'Reilly Radar

Ovid publiustemp-catalyst at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 18:28:04 CET 2005

Hi all,

My apologies if this has already been posted.  I didn't see a link to
it.

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2005/12/ruby_book_sales_surpass_python.html
Or:  http://tinyurl.com/ae37b

For anyone who's interested in a bit of advocacy, there's an
interesting O'Reilly Radar entry about Ruby book sales finally
surpassing Python book sales -- mostly only the strength of Rails.  As
for the bit which might interest Catalyst developers:

  Ruby on Rails is indeed, as Jonathan suggests, the driver
  of the interest in Ruby, which, after all, has been around
  for years without generating the kind of surge it's seen
  in the past six months. But as you can see, we're on the
  fence about whether or not Python has an answer to RoR (and
  we're not even asking the question about Perl!)

Make of that what you will.

Cheers,
Ovid