[Catalyst] trouble with LocationMatch

Sean Comeau scomeau at obscurity.org
Thu Dec 8 22:23:56 CET 2005

Is Catalyst supposed to work correctly within <LocationMatch> directives
in mod_perl?

I'm using mod_perl 2.02, apache 2.0.55, Catalyst::Engine::Apache 1.02,
Catalyst 5.59.

When I call my handler from within a locationmatch, I get the match string
inserted into the url on subsequent requests. this looks wrong to me.

the problem appears to be in Catalyst::Engine::Apache prepare_path method.
specifically, $self->apache->location is placed in $base_path and then
eventually placed in $c->request->base.

Is there something I'm missing here? Do I need to be using a <Location>
directive instead of <LocationMatch>?