[Catalyst] Advent Calendar - Day 11 - Caching

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sun Dec 11 19:50:03 CET 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 11:30:18AM -0500, Andy Grundman wrote:
> In today's entry, I talk a bit about different caching methods available
> to use with Catalyst. :)
>
> http://catalyst.perl.org/calendar/2005/11

Thanks, Andy.  Nicely done.

We might have discussed this on IRC, but should the http cache headers
be set based on what http version the client is requesting?  Or it's
it a good idea to set both Cache-Control and Expires?

I explicitly set Cache-Control headers in parts of my code, but it
probably should be abstracted out so I can set a cache setting and let
Catalyst figure out what specific headers to use.  Not sure if that's
the responsibility of a plugin or if that's should be a core feature.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org