[Catalyst] Catalyst application example

Will Smith willbelair at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 16:07:56 CET 2005

Hi, i was looking around for the login page I got lost. I would like to see how your app running in the real world.
  Another favour that I would like to ask from you is that: how to point apache to catalyst app. I have the same setup as yours: linux server running apache under mod_perl 2, MySQL 5 database. Problem is I am not familiar with Linux, so I get lost with path. My app is at home/myuseraccount/myapp , and I use the localhost to run the app. I hope you have some spare munites to guide me through the path setup.
  thanks

Karl.Moens at marsh.com wrote:

Dear listmembers,

I finally managed to put a Catalyst-driven website on my server and open it out to the world.

It is a small library application allowing the members of our wargames-club to enter their books of military-history into a database so other members can look it up.

It runs on Apache2 and MySQL 4.1. The front-end server is on LINUX (Mandriva 10, very old Celeron 333 Mhz) serving the static content and the mod-perl enabled back-end server is on an old Windows 98 laptop.

The model classes use Class::DBI (and I hope to switch to DBIx::Class for the next version). The View classes use Template::Toolkit.

You can have a look at it here: http://www.csa-biblio.be (with frames) or http://csa-in-exile.be (without frames). Just click the large "CSA" logo to continue.

A guest log-in is available: ID is "gst" and password is "guest".

Please note that the PDF-output of the catalogue doesn't work (yet). Splitting the static and dynamic content over two servers broke it. I will repair it as soon as I have an hour to spare :-)

Comments, suggestions, ... are of course always welcome.

Karl